Wednesday 13 November 2013

New Opportunities

Well, it is almost a year since I went to Cambodia, and much as I wished it could be different, I couldn't see how to get back there this year. With 2 daughters getting married, a son going away to university, and my younger daughters and I very busy studying and training towards our Equestrian qualifications - amongst other things - it just didn't seem possible.

So I was as surprised as anyone to hear, during worship at the Revival Alliance conference in Birmingham, that still small Voice saying: 'You could go to Cambodia...'

Really God? Wow!

I ran the idea past my husband Craig, who was very supportive - as usual. So I contacted XP, who run the Extreme Justice outreaches, only to find that registration for this November trip was already closed. Not surprising, considering that the outreach started on Sunday! But I remained sure that I should go, so I wrote to Andrea, in Phnom Penh. Within a day I heard back; yes, I could come and join the team! Which means that I need to travel by Friday at the latest in order to be there for next week.

It takes a rather long time to travel to Phnom Penh from the UK. There are no direct flights. My best option is to go via Paris and China. A trip of 18 hours. Oh well....

So today has been a flurry of activity - arranging documents, visas, flights and buses, groceries, care for kids and horses, planning for the visit of a special visitor from South Africa who arrives just a few hours after I leave, notifying friends, cancelling and changing my appointments for next week, spending time with my girls, helping Julie with her Photography assignment, planning to collect Jenni's wedding dress with her before I go, making sure all the essentials are in order before I leave. Etc.... It's all very exciting! And a bit crazy!

I am learning to be very flexible in these 'Extreme Operations' adventures! In some ways, I have been waiting to do this for years... ever since I cried my way through the film 'The Killing Fields' way back in the 1980's. What a powerful film.

Phnom Penh has been in my heart ever since. God uses everything.....

No comments:

Post a Comment